Today August 20, 2020 Airbnb announced a global ban on all parties and events at Airbnb listings. The party ban applies to all future bookings on Airbnb and it will remain in effect indefinitely until further notice.
How Airbnb Party Ban will work?
- Parties are now prohibited on all future bookings
- Occupancy at Airbnb listings will be capped at 16 people. This is primarily relevant to larger homes that we previously allowed to list as able to accommodate 16+ people.
- Airbnb is currently scoping a potential exception process for specialty and traditional hospitality venues (i.e. boutique hotels)
- Guests will be informed about Airbnb’s party rules and informed that they may be legally pursued by Airbnb if they violate our policy. This work is currently being operationalized and will be rolled out in the near future.
- Those who attempt to break the rules will face a ban from the services and even legal action.