On October 25, 2021 Sweetgreen Inc. – a salad restaurant chain based in the US filed for NYSE IPO (Initial Public Offering).
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Sweetgreen (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Sweetgreen IPO
During the funding round in January 2021, the company received an estimate of $ 1.78 billion. In addition, it received $ 670 million in venture funding from investors such as Revolution, Signatures Capital, and Corstone Capital. According to the 2019 data, the average revenue of a single restaurant was around $ 3 million, with total revenues reaching $ 300 million during this period.
The Sweetgreen's Impact Outpost Foundation was established in 2020 as a response to the COVID-19 pandemic. The Foundation assists medical professionals by providing free salads and bowls to frontline workers in hospitals. In addition, it aims to expand its social impact by helping other vulnerable communities.
During the epidemic, the proportion of online orders to in-store purchases reached nearly 100%, prompting the chain's chefs to create a new menu with additional options. The company expects that the revised offerings would help restore profitability, which plunged by nearly 70% during this period.
Sweetgreen announced that world-renowned tennis player Naomi Osaka became the brand ambassador and youngest investor in May 2021. This partnership is projected to have an impact on this year's financial outcome.
How to Buy Sweetgreen Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Sweetgreen IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Sweetgreen shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro or Webull.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Sweetgreen IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Sweetgreen IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Sweetgreen is already listed there.
🎁 A special offer is available for this IPO.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Sweetgreen and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Sweetgreen IPO date?
Sweetgreen's IPO date – by the end of September, 2021.
What is Sweetgreen IPO price range?
Sweetgreen IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the Sweetgreen IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in Sweetgreen after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Sweetgreen stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a commission-free trading app like Webull or eToro on the first trading day.
In what currency Sweetgreen IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Sweetgreen IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Sweetgreen (stock symbol)
Sweetgreen ticker is SG.
Sweetgreen Registration Statement on Form S-1
This page may contain affiliate links.