On July 2, 2021 – The Fresh Market, a US chain of gourmet supermarkets set terms for its Nasdaq initial public offering (IPO), marking the second time that the company will go public.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Fresh Market (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Credit Suisse/ BofA Securities in Fresh Market case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Fresh Market IPO
According to the filing, the grocer logged almost $2 billion in sales for the year ending Jan. 31, with comparable-store sales growth of 22.3% in fiscal 2020.
The Fresh Market saw comparable store sales growth reach 22.3% in fiscal year 2020, up from -1.8% for FY 2019 and 0.4% for FY 2018, according to the filing. Comp sales growth was 7.3% for the first quarter of fiscal 2021, compared to 12.9% for the same period last year, with Potter noting the pandemic was partly behind the sales growth
The Fresh Market operates 159 stores in 22 states. The company is No. 76 on The PG 100, Progressive Grocer’s 2021 list of the top food and consumables retailers in North America.
Revenues $1929.7 mil (last 12 months)
Net Income $53.0 mil (last 12 months)
How to Buy Fresh Market Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Fresh Market IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Fresh Market shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro or Webull.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Fresh Market IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Fresh Market IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because almost all high profile IPOs get listed on this platform.
🎁 A special offer is available for this IPO.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Fresh Market and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Participate in Fresh Market IPO
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Fresh Market IPO date?
Fresh Market's IPO date is not defined yet. We will update when the exact Fresh Market date IPO is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
What is Fresh Market IPO price range?
Fresh Market IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the Fresh Market IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in Fresh Market after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Fresh Market stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a commission-free trading app like eToro on the first trading day.
In what currency Fresh Market IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Fresh Market IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Fresh Market (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Fresh Market will be TFM
Fresh Market Prospectus
Fresh Market Registration Statement on Form S-1
This page may contain affiliate links.