Today on Jul1 1, 2020 Airbnb announced another extension to the COVID-19 extenuating circumstances policy. Reservations booked before March 14 with check-in dates through August 15, 2020 are now covered. Hosts also can cancel reservations covered by this EC policy penalty-free.
Now if guests can’t travel because of COVID-19 they can cancel with full cash or travel credit refund reservations with check-ins on or before August 15, 2020 that were booked before March 14, 2020. Hosts will not be eligible for any payment under Airbnb $250m support initiative.
March 15, 2020👈🏻Trip booked before
Aug 1-15, 2020✅
Aug 15, 2020👈🏻Check-in is before
Guests will be presented with five options for why they are cancelling:
- Government-mandated restrictions like border closures, quarantines and shelter-in-place orders
- Medical instructions not to travel
- Transportation disruptions, cancellations and closures
- Medical professionals required to work in connection with the COVID-19 outbreak
- Traveler is sick with COVID-19