Now if a host can’t honor a reservation booked AFTER March 15, 2020 due to disruptions caused by COVID-19 they can cancel it reservation penalty-free up to 48 hours before check-in. No cancellation charges or affect to Superhost status will apply to the host. After cancellation Airbnb will issue a full refund including the service fee and help the guest find another place to stay if required.
However, Airbnb will keep these trip dates blocked on the calendar for this listing to avoid further cancellations.
How to cancel a reservation booked after March 15, 2020 without penalty
- Head to the Reservations section
- Find the reservation that you need to cancel
- Click "3 dots" icon in the last column next to the reservation
- Click Change or Cancel > Cancel reservation
- Select the reason "I’m uncomfortable hosting right now due to concerns about COVID-19" > click Next
- Airbnb will keep these trip dates blocked on the calendar for this listing to avoid further cancellations.