The Airbnb Host Protection Insurance program is insurance, and is designed to cover hosts in the event of third-party claims of bodily injury or property damage. The Host Protection Insurance program is available to hosts regardless of their other insurance arrangements, but will only act as primary insurance coverage for incidents related to an Airbnb stay.
Some examples of what the Host Protection Insurance program does and doesn't cover.
HPI Program coverage currently extends to all hosts globally, except for jurisdictions subject to US sanctions laws.
Instruction how to file a Host Protection Insurance claim
- Click on the link below to start your claim.
- HPI Program Intake Form
- Input the Reservation Information — Event type (accommodation or experience), reservation code, host first and last name.
- Input the Submitter Information — the claim can be submitted by the guest, host, landlord or a 3rd party.
- Input the Incident Information — date, county (optional), lost type and up to 1000 characters description.
- Click Submit
- Check your email for confirmation. In the confirmation email you will find your case number. We recommend keeping this number for future reference and for your records.
- Expect a dedicated adjuster to get in touch with you within 1 week.