If your guest needs to checkout part way through the ongoing Airbnb stay (especially long-term) and they do not qualify for a refund but you would like to issue a partial refund and unblock the dates please follow this instruction :
⚠️ Note: Once the stay has started you need to use desktop Airbnb.com website for alteration. Airbnb mobile app will not allow you to change dates.
- Go to Your Reservations
- Click 3 dots (...) icon next to the reservation
- Click Change or Cancel
- Choose Change Reservation
- On your right have a look on Original payout amount and write it down.
- Do some math. From the Original payout amount deduct the Refund amount you want to refund to your guest and write down the Result. For example, if your Original payout is $1000 and you want to refund $100, $1000-$100 = $900 to input on the step 8.
- Input new checkout date
- In the Price field input the Refund you calculated on the step 6.
- Click Submit Alteration
When the guest accepts your request, the reservation will be updated, and the guest will be refunded and the dates will get unblocked.