🚀 POSH shares are already available for trading via Tradernet and eToro platforms.
Poshmark – an online marketplace for secondhand clothing with 31.7M active young shoppers (mostly millennials or Gen Z) on December 17, 2020 filed for an initial public offering with US regulators, hoping to ride a surge of interest in IPOs now that the company has become profitable.
Poshmark IPO was held on Jan 14, 2021. Now Poshmark stock can be bought via a stock trading platform like eToro under POSH ticker.
People also search forStripe IPO
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, and Barclays in Poshmark case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Financial Indicators before Poshmark IPO
Founded in 2011, Poshmark reported that revenue in the first 9 months of 2020 rose 28% to $192.8 million. Also the company earned $8 million in profit after a loss in the same period last year. Poshmark is targeting the US. resale market will be around $36 billion by 2024, compared with $7 billion last year.
“Three key trends are driving the future of retail: the shift to online, the shift to social, and the shift to secondhand. Many of these trends are led by younger generations who continue to grow their spending power as they age,” Poshmark said in its IPO filing.
How to Buy Poshmark Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Poshmark IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Poshmark shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Poshmark IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Poshmark IPO using Freedom Finance (Tradernet platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Roblox is already listed there and available for participation now.
* Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Wait for a request to participate in the IPO — when Poshmark IPO date is defined you will get a notification (email and SMS text message) from Freedom Finance to apply for the IPO.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when you get a notification that you can apply to buy shares, go to IPO section of the platform > you will see the IPO listing with the share price set by the underwriter > click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start— a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 52%, past IPOs data.
When is the Poshmark IPO date
Poshmark IPO was held on January 14, 2021
We will update when the exact Poshmark date IPO is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
What is Poshmark IPO price range?
Shares priced between $35 and $39 each
Instruction How to Invest in Poshmark after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Poshmark stocks via stock trading platforms like eToro or Tradernet on the first trading day.
- Register here
- Fund your account
- On the first trading day go to Trade tab and type into the search Poshmark
- Enter number of stocks to purchase and click Buy
Poshmark Directed Share Program
Same as for Airbnb IPO Poshmark plans to offer a Directed Share Program (DSP) as part of their proposed IPO. With this program, the company plan to reserve a portion of Poshmark shares for eligible Posh Ambassadors to purchase at the initial public offering price at the time of our proposed IPO. Eligible ambassadors will receive an invitation email from the Program Administrator to register and create an account in early January 2021.
What is the Poshmark ticker (stock symbol)
Poshmark's ticker is POSH
Poshmark Registration Statement on Form S-1
Poshmark Registration Statement on Form S-1