Signify Health – the healthcare service platform which provides a value-based billing for in-home and bundled health services, announced terms for its IPO.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Signify Health (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank to come in and underwrite the IPO. Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company profile before Signify Health IPO
Signify Health (SGFY) is a healthcare platform that uses analytics, technology and a network of healthcare providers to bring healthcare services to the home. The company serves 47 Medicare Advantage health plans, ranging from the largest national organizations to small regional organizations. It also serves thousands of healthcare provider organizations, from large integrated service delivery systems to medium and small urban and rural enterprises. Signify Health increased its annual home visits from approximately 390,000 in 2015 to nearly 1.1 million in 2019.
How to Buy Signify Health Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Signify Health IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Signify Health shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Signify Health IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Signify Health IPO using Freedom Finance (Tradernet platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Signify Health is already listed there and available for participation.
* Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — select Signify Health and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start— a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 52%, past IPOs data.
When is the Signify Health IPO date?
February 10, 2021
What is Signify Health IPO price range?
$17.00 - $19.00 per share.
How to Invest in Signify Health after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Signify Health stocks via Tradernet on the first trading day. Or if you're from US use a commission-free trading app like eToro
What is the Signify Health (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Signify Health will be SGFY
Signify Health Registration Statement on Form S-1
Signify Health Registration Statement on Form S-1
Key Facts Before Signify Health IPO
- IPO Date: February 10
- Exchange: NASDAQ (trading as SGFY)
- IPO Size: $423M
- Starting Price: $17.00 to $19.00
- Underwriters: Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Barclays, Deutsche Bank Securities, BofA Securities, UBS Investment Bank, Baird, Piper Sandler, William Blair
- Market Cap: $4B
IPO Calendar 2021
Sources used: Bloomberg, MarketWatch