Is Basis Global Technologies going to IPO?
On Jan 18, 2022 – Basis Global Technologies, the company that provides SaaS for algorithmic ad buying, filed to raise $100M in its US Initial Public Offering (IPO).
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Basis Global Technologies (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Goldman Sachs, BofA Securities, RBC Capital in Basis Global Technologies case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Basis Global Technologies IPO
The company was founded in 2001 under the name Centro. It was later renamed Basis Global Technologies. The platform it developed consists of workflow automation software, an ad buying platform and an AI engine that improves the effectiveness of real time marketing campaigns by leveraging over 30 unique user metrics, without tying them to personal data.
Basis Global Technologies is recognised by its users and industry market research companies as the leading provider of cloud-based workflow automation and business intelligence software for marketing and advertising functions. Customers range from mid-tier advertising agencies to Fortune 500 global brands.
The company's financial performance is growing. Basis Global Technologies posted a net profit of $3.2 million in 2020, compared to a net loss of $6.9 million a year earlier. In the first nine months of 2021, the company posted a net profit of $27.1m. In 2020, it posted a net loss of $9.9m.
Along with the growth of e-commerce, the growth rate of the digital advertising market is also increasing. The industry has proven that it can remain resilient and grow during economic downturns. According to Statista report, the global smart process automation market was worth $20 billion in 2021 and is projected to grow to $34 billion in 2023, representing annual growth of 30%.
How to Buy Basis Global Technologies Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Basis Global Technologies IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Basis Global Technologies shares when the company goes public via a trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Basis Global Technologies IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Basis Global Technologies IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Basis Global Technologies is already listed there.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Basis Global Technologies and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Basis Global Technologies IPO date?
Basis Global Technologies's IPO date - ETA May 15, 2022.
What is Basis Global Technologies IPO price range?
Basis Global Technologies IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the Basis Global Technologies IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in Basis Global Technologies after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Basis Global Technologies stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a trading app like eToro on the first trading day.
In what currency Basis Global Technologies IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Basis Global Technologies IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Basis Global Technologies (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Basis Global Technologies will be BASI
Basis Global Technologies Prospectus
Basis Global Technologies Registration Statement on Form S-1Apply in Basis Global Technologies IPO
This page may contain affiliate links.