Is Wintershall DEA going to IPO?
Probably in 2022, but not yet. On January 31, 2022 BASF remains committed to a sale of its stake in oil and gas business Wintershall Dea AG (larges EU-based oil and gas producer) on the stock market, despite co-owner LetterOne opposing an initial public offering (IPO) in the short term.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Wintershall DEA (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Wintershall DEA IPO
Wintershall Dea is a gas and oil company. It engages in the exploration, development, and production activities, as well as midstream and transportation business. The company was formed as a result of a merger between Wintershall and DEA Deutsche Erdoel AG in 2019. After this merger, the company is determined to go public in the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
Wintershall Dea's top competitors include Petroleum Development, Sapura Energy, CNOOC and Maverick Oilfield Service.
In 2020, Wintershall Dea had revenues and other income of €3.9 billion, income from operations before depreciation, amortization and exploration (EBITDAX) of €1.6 billion and adjusted net income of €195 million. Total production of Wintershall Dea (excluding Libya onshore) was 623,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day (BOEPD). As of December 31, 2020, proven and probable reserves stood at 3.6 billion barrels of oil equivalent (BOE), corresponding to a reserve to production ratio of 16 years. The integration of the former Wintershall and Dea businesses was completed and Wintershall Dea expects to achieve annual pre-tax cash synergies of at least €200 million by 2022.
How to Buy Wintershall DEA Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Wintershall DEA IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Wintershall DEA shares when the company goes public via a trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Wintershall DEA IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Wintershall DEA IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Wintershall DEA is already listed there.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Wintershall DEA and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Wintershall DEA IPO date?
Wintershall DEA's IPO date is not defined yet. We will update when the exact Wintershall DEA date IPO is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
What is Wintershall DEA IPO price range?
Wintershall DEA IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the Wintershall DEA IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in Wintershall DEA after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Wintershall DEA stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a trading app like eToro on the first trading day.
In what currency Wintershall DEA IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Wintershall DEA IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Wintershall DEA (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Wintershall DEA will be share here when known.
Wintershall DEA Prospectus
Wintershall DEA Registration Statement on Form S-1
This page may contain affiliate links.