On August 8, 2021 – ByteDance, the Chinese company that operates the short video platform TikTok, announced its plan to go public with a listing in Hong Kong by early 2022 after addressing Chinese regulators' concerns, in accordance with Financial Times source.
TikTok has a preliminary valuation of $50bn. ByteDance has not yet announced how much it plans to raise through its IPO.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in TikTok (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before TikTok IPO
TikTok has become a global platform for launching marketing campaigns for many big brands: Samsung, Huyndai, Maybelline New York, Estee Lauder and many others.
TikTok Global's management is predominantly made up of US directors. The US authorities themselves have identified a national security director, who is responsible for protecting the personal data of all users of the app. Among the investors and part owners of the new company are Oracle and Walmart.
TikTok is the fastest growing social network in the world. The number of users is constantly increasing, which makes the site even more attractive for advertising and marketing campaigns. The site's direct competitor, Kuaishou Technology, set a good example - its share price soared by 161% on the first day of trading on 5 February 2021.
In 2021 TikTok was the most visited website and most widely used social media platform which even surpassed Google and Facebook according to Cloudflare (technology firm that tracks online activity).
How to Buy TikTok Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in TikTok IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy TikTok shares when the company goes public via a trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the TikTok IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching TikTok IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because TikTok is already listed there.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select TikTok and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the TikTok IPO date?
TikTok's IPO date is expected in 2022, but the exact date is unknown.
What is TikTok IPO price range?
TikTok IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the TikTok IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in TikTok after the IPO date (opening price)?
What is the TikTok (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for TikTok is not known yet.
TikTok Registration Statement on Form S-1 will be published here when released.
This page may contain affiliate links.