On August 27, 2021 – Toast, the Boston-based restaurant ordering platform officially filed for its US Initial Public Offering (IPO).
📈 People also search for:Reddit IPO
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Toast (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
Toast is an all-in-one point-of-sale and restaurant management platform for businesses in the foodservice and hospitality space. As a cloud-based system built specifically for restaurants, Toast offers advanced functionality including tableside ordering, quick menu modifications, real-time enterprise reporting, online ordering, and labor management on an easy-to-use interface. The company powers successful restaurants by combining point of sale, front of house, back of house, and guest-facing technology with an unequaled commitment to customer success. It enables the community of restaurateurs to delight guests and thrives.
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Goldman Sachs/ Morgan Stanley/ J.P. Morgan/ KeyBanc Capital Markets/ William Blair/ Piper Sandler in Toast case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Toast IPO
Toast is a software platform that allows you to manage online restaurant orders. It is also utilized for analytics, reporting, food delivery, employees, purchases, loyalty programs, and menu revisions (for example, quickly adding new dishes or promotions). Toast's innovations include unique payment terminals, electronic notepads for taking orders, menu displays, and self-service kiosks.
Over the last year, Toast has partnered with 48,000 eateries and processed over $38 billion in gross payments.
As of 2020, the company had raised $902 million in financing since its inception in 2011.
The company's potential valuation is $20 billion. In comparison, it was only $2.75 billion in 2019.
Revenues $1183.13 mil (last 12 months)
Net Income $-358.31 mil (last 12 months)
Address 401 Park Drive, Suite 801 Boston, MA 02215
How to Buy Toast Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Toast IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Toast shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro or Webull.
Your capital is at risk. Other fees apply. For more information, visit etoro.com/trading/fees.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Toast IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Toast IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Toast is already listed there.
🎁 A special offer is available for this IPO.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Toast and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Toast IPO date?
Toast's IPO date is September 15, 2021.
What is Toast IPO price range?
Toast IPO price range is not defined yet. We will update when the Toast IPO offering price is known – if you want to get notified please subscribe for updates here.
How to Invest in Toast after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Toast stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a trading app like eToro on the first trading day.
In what currency Toast IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Toast IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Toast (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Toast will be TOST
Toast Registration Statement on Form S-1
This page may contain affiliate links.