On January 3, 2022 - Amylyx Pharmaceuticals, a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company working on developing a novel therapeutic for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) and other neurodegenerative diseases, announced going public through its initial public offering (IPO).
📈 People also search for:Reddit IPO
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Amylyx Pharmaceuticals (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Goldman Sachs/ Leerink & Co./ Evercore ISI in Amylyx Pharmaceuticals case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO
The company develops treatments for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and a wide range of neurodegenerative diseases.
The company has raised a total of $202.2m. The shareholders of the company are Morningside Venture Investments Limited, ALS Invest 1 B.V., Viking Global Opportunities Illiquid Investments Sub-Master.
The company has a total of 3 development programmes aimed at treating Alzheimer's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis and Wolfram syndrome. The company has applied for a new drug AMX0035 (for the treatment of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in Canada and the US and plans to apply in Europe in 2022. Research results from CENTAUR were published in 2020, where good tolerability and meaningful improvement in functional capacity were demonstrated. In 2017, the FDA granted AMX0035 orphan drug status for the treatment of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The company is also now conducting additional PHOENIX studies to support its drug for approval (possible potential regulatory requests). AMX0035 has also shown good tolerability (around 80% of patients) in Alzheimer's disease. The company will continue research for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease and will consider the next steps in developing the use of AMX0035.
The company has submitted a request for drug approvals to Canada, Europe and the FDA. Commercial launch is possible in 2022.
Market Cap $1049.18mil
Revenues $0 mil (last 12 months)
Net Income $-68.2 mil (last 12 months)
How to Buy Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Amylyx Pharmaceuticals shares when the company goes public via a trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Amylyx Pharmaceuticals is already listed there.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Amylyx Pharmaceuticals and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO date?
Amylyx Pharmaceuticals's IPO date is Jan 7, 2022.
What is Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO price range?
Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO price range is $18.00 - $20.00 a share.
How to Invest in Amylyx Pharmaceuticals after the IPO date (opening price)?
In what currency Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Amylyx Pharmaceuticals IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Amylyx Pharmaceuticals (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Amylyx Pharmaceuticals is AMLX
Amylyx Pharmaceuticals Prospectus
This page may contain affiliate links.