On September 15, 2021 – Cue Health, COVID speed test maker amended fillings and now aims to sell 12M shares in US Initial Public Offering (IPO) to raise $244M.
📈 People also search for:Reddit IPO
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Cue Health (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Goldman Sachs/ Morgan Stanley/ Cowen in Cue Health case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before Cue Health IPO
Cue Health Inc. is a company that manufactures COVID-19 tests. Cue Health tests were used in 2020 by the National Basketball Association to limit the spread of the coronavirus among team members who played and lived in the so-called Florida bubble. The company said it is developing other types of tests and services that it plans to include in its digital health and care data management platform.
Market Cap $2300.0mil
Revenues $219.85 mil (last 12 months)
Net Income $4.77 mil (last 12 months)
How to Buy Cue Health Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Cue Health IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Cue Health shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like Webull.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Cue Health IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Cue Health IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Cue Health is already listed there.
🎁 A special offer is available for this IPO.
*** Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select Cue Health and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the Cue Health IPO date?
Cue Health's IPO date is September 22, 2021.
What is Cue Health IPO price range?
Cue Health IPO price range is $15.00 - $17.00 per share.
How to Invest in Cue Health after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Cue Health stocks via Freedom24. Or if you're from the US use a commission-free trading app like Webull on the first trading day.
In what currency Cue Health IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The Cue Health IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the Cue Health (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Cue Health will be HLTH
Cue Health Prospectus
This page may contain affiliate links.