DiDi Global (DIDI CHUXING) – Chinese ridesharing giant Didi aims for $60B valuation in NYSE IPO.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in an IPO like DiDi (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Goldman Sachs (Asia)/ Morgan Stanley/ J.P. Morgan/ China Renaissance in DiDi case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. The underwriters also performed due diligence and verified financial information and business model.
Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company with underwriters' help sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Company Profile and Financial Indicators before DiDi IPO
Didi Chuxing, the 'Chinese Uber', is launching its IPO on June 29, which is very much expected by many investors.
Didi Chuxing is one of the largest online taxi booking services with a presence in 14 countries. Additionally, the company is investing in electric vehicle and self-driving car development.
Didi was founded back in 2012 and has around 550M customers. It is ranked among the 100 Most Influential Companies, according to Time.
Didi services are well diversified, which is an additional advantage: apart from online taxi services, the company caters to enterprises, offers bike sharing, financial and technology services, food delivery, and much more.
In 2021, Didi's market cap is expected to exceed $70B. Its IPO application filed to the US's SEC details the Q1 2021 profit of $6.40B and net income of $836M. The company has investors among some major companies, such as SoftBank and Apple, Inc., while it also invests into the competition: Grab, Lyft, Ola, and Uber.
As ResearchAndMarkets.com reports, the online taxi service market, albeit hit by the pandemic, will be quickly recovering and rising. In 2020, it was worth $42.25B, while by 2025, this figure should increase to $108.15B.
Revenues $21.63 mil (last 12 months)
Net Income $-1.63 mil (last 12 months)
How to Buy DiDi Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in DiDi IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy DiDi shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like eToro.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the DiDi IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching DiDi IPO using Freedom Finance (Freedom24 platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because DiDi is already listed there.
* Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- 💡 Tip: It's recommended to deposit your account in advance. Often the exact IPO date is undefined until the last day. You may have a short notice for participation and account deposits also takes time for processing. Also, sometimes Freedom sends last-minute IPO offer when you have 2 hours to participate.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — when applications are open select DiDi and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start — a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 72%, past IPOs data.
When is the DiDi IPO date?
DiDi's IPO date is June 28, 2021.
What is DiDi IPO price range?
DiDi IPO price range is $13.00 - $14.00 per share.
How to Invest in DiDi after the IPO date (opening price)?
In what currency DiDi IPO and post-IPO shares will be traded?
The DiDi IPO and stock trading currency will be USD.
If you have funds in another currency the cheapest way to convert your currency is to use the mid-market rate (that’s the one you’ll find on Google) which can be done via a fintech service like Wise. Banks may add hidden markups to their exchange rates - charging you more without your knowledge. And if they have a fee, they charge you twice. Wise never hides fees in the exchange rate.
What is the DiDi (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for DiDi will be DIDI
DiDi Registration Statement on Form S-1
This page may contain affiliate links.