Sana Biotechnology – the company that develops cell engineering techniques to treat a variety of cancers has filed to raise $323 million in its IPO. Sana is still at a preclinical stage but wants to value the company at a price nearly $4.5 billion.
- Detailed instructions how to participate in Sana Biotechnology (pre-IPO, offering price) see below👇
What is an IPO and how it works
IPO is a process of offering shares of a private corporation to the public in a new stock issuance. Why go public? The primary benefit of going public is easier access to capital.
To go public, a company must have a track record of growth and other favorable results and hire an investment bank (Morgan Stanley, Goldman Sachs, JPMorgan and BofA Securities in Sana Biotechnology case) to come in and underwrite the IPO. Once the paperwork done, the company sells the stock to institutional investors. When the initial block of shares has been sold, the company sets an initial price and date for the stock to begin trading on a stock exchange.
Financial Indicators before Sana Biotechnology IPO
Sana Biotechnology is a company that develops in vivo and ex vivo cell engineering platforms to revolutionize treatment in multiple therapeutic areas with unmet treatment needs, including cancer, diabetes, central nervous system (CNS) disorders, cardiovascular disease and genetic disorders.
Sana Biotechnology's research can be applied in gene modification, immunology, and stem cells that can be used as therapeutic agents. The company's flagship products are CAR-T cell fusion drug candidates, SG242 and SG295, which target cancer treatment. Sana plans to submit an IND application for these products by 2022.
The company was founded in 2019 and raised over $700M in 2020. Among the shareholders, one can name ARCH Venture Partners, Flagship Pioneering Funds, CPP Investment Board PMI-1 Inc, and FPrime Fund VI. As of September 30, 2020, the company had $149.20M in cash and $301.60M in securities. In October 2020, Sana Biotechnology acquired Oscine, a company focused on developing cellular treatment for brain and central nervous system diseases.
It is expected that the cancer treatment market may rise from $121.30B in 2018 to $424.60B in 2027, being boosted by the increasing number of cancer cases, new methods of treatment, and the increasing availability.
How to Buy Sana Biotechnology Stocks Before the IPO (Offering Price)
In the past, IPOs as highly profitable investments were available only to the privileged customers of the leading brokerage firms and it was challenging for retail investors to gain access. You couldn't buy shares paying the price set by the company and you had to wait until the shares actually start trading on the public stock market at whatever stock price supply and demand allows.
Technologies and marketplaces changed the rules of the game, now regular investors can get pre-IPO shares. To participate in Sana Biotechnology IPO you need to use an IPO investing app like Freedom Finance (NASDAQ: FRHC), TD Ameritrade or Fidelity. They give its customers access to IPOs and secondary offerings through their existing brokerage account. Also you can buy Sana Biotechnology shares when the company goes public via a commission-free trading app like Webull.
🚨 Detailed Instructions How to Participate in the Sana Biotechnology IPO before public trading:
Below we share the instruction how to participate in the approaching Sana Biotechnology IPO using Freedom Finance (Tradernet platform). This marketplace is chosen as an example because Sana Biotechnology is already listed there and available for participation.
* Freedom Finance services are NOT available to US citizens and residents.
- Apply for a Freedom Finance account — you need to prepare your identity document and a document confirming the address of residence (utility bill). The verification process is very fast, it will take 2 minutes to create your account.
- Deposit your account — to participate in an IPO, your account must have available funds in the amount you send IPO application for.
- Submit a request to participate in the IPO — select Sana Biotechnology and click Participate in the IPO > input the amount you want to invest > Send your application. Note: Before the book closing, a request can be withdrawn. At the time of the book closing, 1 day before the start of the exchange trading, the specified amount will be blocked on the account.
- Wait for allocation — The actual number of stocks purchased during an IPO depends on supply and demand. The higher underwriter reserves the right to partial execution of collective applications. So if the demand is high you may get less than you applied for. Of course, you will only pay for the shares purchased. The rest of the funds will be returned to your account.
- Start of trading — With the beginning of the public trading on the stock exchange, the purchased shares will appear on the account and a lock-up period will start— a 93-day period of prohibition on sale. You can’t sell stocks, but you can track their current value and growth indicators in your personal member area and a trading terminal.
- Closing your trade — At the end of the 93 days lock-up period, you will be able to manage your stocks at your discretion — leave in the portfolio or sell and withdraw money or transfer the stocks to another depository/ broker in your name. This can be done in your account by clicking the ‘Sell’ button next to the name of the security. In this case, a commission of 0.5% of the amount of the sale transaction is charged.
Is investing in IPOs profitable?
Not always. The average return at the end of the lock-up period is 52%, past IPOs data.
When is the Sana Biotechnology IPO date?
February 2, 2021
What is Sana Biotechnology IPO price range?
$21.50 per share.
How to Invest in Sana Biotechnology after the IPO date (opening price)?
After the IPO you can buy Sana Biotechnology SANA stocks via Tradernet on the first trading day. Also you can use a commission-free trading app like Webull.
What is the Sana Biotechnology (stock symbol)
The stock ticker for Sana Biotechnology will be SANA
Sana Biotechnology Registration Statement on Form S-1
Sana Biotechnology Registration Statement on Form S-1
IPO Calendar 2021
Sources used: Bloomberg, Seeking Alpha